Thursday, October 2, 2008

Egg in a Basket, Egg in a Hole...whatever you wanna call it!

This week, thanks to Ree on ThePioneerWoman.com, I discovered my favorite new lunch time favorite for my kiddos. She makes these EASY all-in-one egg and bread meals for the Marlboro Man (which if you're not familiar with Ree, you're not in the know!).

They're sooooo easy! Ree has step-by-step instructions on her site, but you're only getting the halfway pic and the end product pic from me!

Start with a slice of bread. Butter it. Then, using a biscuit cutter or a small round glass, cut a hole in the center of the bread. Place the bread butter-side down on a hot griddle. Crack an egg and deposit the insides right in the middle of that hole. It looks like this: (See the little circle I cut out? I toasted it too and tossed it on the kids' plates and they loved having a round piece of toast!)

Let it cook a while, then flip it. It will look like this:

I cooked the kids' until the yolk was completely solid, but mine I left runny. Oh my...LOVE to have a runny egg and dip my toast in it. This way it's all-in-one!

This was quick and my son even asked for seconds. I'm telling ya...you can't go wrong!

Oh, and BTW - Ree's pictures are MUCH nicer and prettier than mine. But, hey, you're following this blog so (to quote my 5-year-old son), "Ya get whatcha get and ya don't throw a fit!"

No comments: