Thursday, October 9, 2008

Caught by the 'BUG


You read correctly. I've been caught by a bug - the cuttlebug that is. I'm not one for jumping on big ticket scrapbooking items. In fact, I consider myself pretty cheap and rarely give into spending a lot of money at one time on something. But, I just couldn't resist this one. I gave in and bought one and some dies and embossing folders.

See, this nifty little machine will work with any dies (like sizzix or quick cuts), and not that I have any of those, but I might find a good deal!

Anyway, here's my first project using my cuttlebug. The entire cupcake is free hand. I used my cutter and scoring blade to make the lines in the cupcake wrapper and then sent the "frosting" through the cuttlebug in the swirl embossing folder. Then I used glitter on the swirls to make it stand out a little more.

The stamp set is from Close to My Heart; it's called Card Sentiments.

No comments: